Monday, October 4, 2010

Whole Wheat Pancakes.


This one's for you, Marcy!

Looks like it's pancake time at our house, right?  These Whole Wheat Pancakes are Jake's favorite!  On my children's birthday, they get to choose all of the meals of the day.  A few days before his, Jake specifically requested Whole Wheat Pancakes for breakfast.  That day was set to be a crazy one, as I had about million things to do while he was at school.  I didn't want to be rushed that morning, so I made the batter the night before and put it in the fridge.

The morning of his birthday, I pulled it out and got cookin.  It was fast and easy and sent my little birthday boy out the door not only with a fully belly but a huge grin on his sweet face.  I think I'll make them this way from now on.

Whole Wheat Pancakes
{recipe from Harker family cookbook}


1 1/2 cup whole wheat kernels
(I use 3/4 cup each of White Winter Wheat and Hard Red Wheat)
(makes a lighter + fluffier pancake)

1 1/2 cup milk

3/4 cup milk

1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder

1 1/2 Tbsp honey

1 1/2 tsp salt

3 eggs

3/4 cup oil

Place wheat kernels and 1 1/2 cups milk in blender, and mix on high speed for 3 minutes. Add remaining 3/4 cup milk, and continue to blend for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and blend for 1 minute. Cook on hot griddle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, ask and you shall recieve is a total understatement! :)

I just might have to make breakfast for dinner a couple times this week. Or maybe I'll even make 'em for breakfast, too...I know. I know. I am rebel in disguise.

THaNk YoU!

tharker said...

You're very welcome, Marcy!