Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bake It and Take It Pledge.




Do you ever have the thought that you should call that friend?  Or drop by and visit that neighbor?  Do you ever have someone very specific come to your mind and feel the need to do something for them simply to show you care?  I do.

Do you ever have these thoughts and then almost immediately dismiss them, sure that you'll look like an absolute fool if you show up on their doorstep for seemingly no reason?  Yeah.  Me too.

My sister in law Brooke and I were discussing this recently, and we are wondering just how many opportunities for service and friendship we are missing out on simply because of our own insecurities.  Sound familiar?  Yeah.  Me too.

So, Brooke came up with the most fabulous idea of The Bake It and Take It Pledge!  Since this is a baking blog, we thought it the perfect forum for launching it.

Here's the idea.

The very next time you have that thought of that friend, bake something...anything and take it to them.  Don't hesitate.  Don't second guess yourself.  Just Bake It and Take It.  Do this over the next month and watch how your relationships will change.  Watch how the simple act of baking some love can open the door to friendships that you never thought possible!

And then, I want to hear about it!  Please come back and share your experiences!

So, what are you waiting for?  Go on, take the pledge!

P.S.
Please feel free to grab a button for your blog and share the love!



7 comments:

Amy J said...

I knew a girl once that had a stillborn baby. I was heartbroken for her, but didn't know her very well. And I felt like I had to do something. But I didn't know what to say or do, but I didn't want to do nothing. So I made her bread and brought it over. She didn't end up answering the door. I agree that when you don't know what to do, food is always a good option. People have to eat and sometimes that is the last thing they want to worry about. So I can do that for them. What a wonderful idea Tiffani!

PRP said...

Look at you, all changing the world and what not...I'm so impressed!

And how did you make your button? I'm doubly impressed!

tharker said...

Oh, Karen. You know I didn't make my button! The all fabulous Brooke made it for me. Love her!

She did share with me the link to the tutorial that she found on line.

http://oikology101.blogspot.com/2008/09/make-your-own-button-for-your-blogger.html

The Blog Guidebook also has one. Here is the link for that.

http://www.blogguidebook.com/2010/10/how-to-add-button-code-and-code-box-to.html

Shayla said...

I think this is a great idea. Good to know I'm not the only one dismissing those thoughts when they come over my own silly worries. Noticed your HTML anguish on Facebook the other day. If you ever have questions, or need help with that stuff, I'd be happy to help if I can. Loving your blog, as always!

tharker said...

Thanks so much Shayla!

And yes, you have company in the "doubting yourself club" I think I could be president ;)

Lovely Lindsay said...

i've been on the recieving end of such thoughtful kindness this week.
nothing better than knowing someone had you on their mind.
love, lindsay

katherine wood said...

McAfee Login page helps you get access to your McAfee profile. McAfee Sign Up is the first thing you need to go through to use your purchased McAfee product. If you do not remember your id and password, there are chances you might face
mcafee login, mcafee login issues. However, you get back your id by clicking the ‘Forgot Your Password?’ option on the McAfee login website.