Thursday, September 9, 2010

Peach Crisp.

My dear Peach Crisp,

I love you. Like, eat half of you all by myself kind of love. Now, that's true devotion. Or sickness. I can't tell which...

Peach Crisp screams Fall to me. Actually, any kind of Crisp/Cobbler screams Fall to me. And we all know how much I adore Fall. So really, it comes as no surprise that I am a total glutton when it comes to this stuff. This recipe is your standard fruit crisp recipe. Nothing fancy. Just pure delicious-ness.

Try not to eat half the pan.  I'm just sayin'.


Peach Crisp
{or any old crisp you feel like making}
{from Harker family cookbook}

2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup butter
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup quick oats

Fill 9x13 pan with sliced fruit.  Mix together all dry ingredients, and cut in butter.  Mix with a fork or a pastry blender until butter resembles pea sized chunks.  Spread over fruit and bake @ 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

No comments: