Monday, August 2, 2010

Whole Wheat Brown Sugar Muffins.


Recipe from: Harker family cookbook

We love these quick and easy muffins.  The original recipe calls for all purpose flour, but I use Whole Wheat, and I think I like them even better.  On a Sunday when I don't have time (read: don't feel like taking time) to make rolls or bread, I'll make these muffins to go with our meal.  The kids devour them!

Whole Wheat Brown Sugar Muffins

Mix:
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg

Add:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
1 cup chopped walnuts

Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full, and bake @ 375 for 15 minutes.  Makes 1 dozen

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Just made these...I used oil instead of butter and blueberries instead of walnuts and added 1/4 c. of flaxseed...they are AMAZING! Thanks for the recipe :-)